- GENERAL INFORMATION
- TYPES AND EVENTS LOCATIONS
- EVENTS ON VIRTUAL BEACHES
- EVENTS ON VIRTUAL SQUARES
The AUTOMATICA.IT 2020 congress will take place via teleconference, synchronously, through the Zoom platform. Participation is free of charge. To participate, it is requested to:
- Download and install Zoom on your own computer or mobile device [DOWNLOAD ZOOM];
- Sign-in to Zoom with a personal account or create a new one [FREE SIGN-UP].
All the AUTOMATICA.IT 2020 sessions will also be available via live streaming on the Conference’s YOUTUBE channel.
The regular sessions, as well as the special sessions and the round table will take place as Zoom Webinars [ZOOM WEBINAR vs. ZOOM MEETING], and hosted in Zoom Rooms dedicated to 3 beaches in the province of Cagliari. The social events such as, the SIDRA annual meeting, and the virtual coffee breaks between adjacent sessions will take place as Zoom Meetings [ZOOM WEBINAR vs. ZOOM MEETING] and will be hosted in a Zoom room dedicated to 3 squares in the city of Cagliari.
- In the beaches, the participants, by default, log-in as an Attendee, and will be later appointed as speakers (Panelist) if required. Participants that want to pose a question to the speaker will write in the “Chat” channel that they intend to ask something. Then, following the order of requests the Chair will schedule the question time and the technical personnel will give the selected attendees the possibility of activating their microphones and pose the question.
- In the squares, participants will be able to activate their microphone and webcam and partecipate in the ongoing discussion. Squares will not be moderated.
Each participant is free to move from a Zoom Room to another freely and without restrictions. The links to access each virtual beach or square, as well as a description of how each event is hosted and managed, are provided below.
EVENTS ON VIRTUAL BEACHES
The technical-scientific sessions and the round table will be hosted on the virtual beaches as Zoom Webinar. In accordance with the program, 3 scientific parallel sessions will be scheduled. Within each beach, a participant can play one of the following roles:
- Attendee: Attendees is a simple listener. S/he can comment in the public chat or if s/he wish ask for the floor through the “Chat” channel. More details regarding how the Chair will schedule the partecipant’s questions is provided in the next section.
- Panelist: The Chairs and speakers of a session will play the role Panelist for that session, then will be downgraded to Attendees. A Panelist has the privilege of being able to share its voice, screen, or multi-media contents from their own devices.
The default access to a beach is in guise of an Attendee. The election to Panelist is moderated by the beach technical staff. The hyper-links to access on the virtual beaches are provided below:
TECHNICAL SCIENTIFIC SESSIONS
The technical-scientific sessions will be scheduled as follows:
- 15min before the session – The Technical staff opens the virtual room.
- 10min before the session – The session Chair and speakers must access to the virtual beach hosting the session. Speakers will declare into the “Chat” channel their role in the session, in order to be given the “Panelist” privileges. To avoid technical problems, simple tests can be done in this phase.
- Beginning of the session – All participants are invited to turn off their camera except for the session Chair who introduces the session and the first speaker. At the same time the technical staff will broadcast the live streaming of the session on the Conference’s YOUTUBE channel.
- Presentation of the first contribution (15 min) – The speaker will have to activate the camera and microphone, share the slides and start the presentation.
- Discussions at the end of the first presentation (5 min) – The Chair turns his/her camera on and starts the discussion. Attendees that want to pose a question to the speaker will write in the “Chat” channel that they intend to ask something. Then, following the order of requests the Chair will schedule the question time and the technical personnel will give the selected attendees the possibility of activating their microphones and pose the question. The discussion should end accordingly to the program schedule before the time indicated for the next presentation.
- Other presentations – The presentation and discussion of all contributions follow according to the program. If the discussion end before the allotted time, the participants should wait in order to start the next presentation accordingly with the time indicated in the program.
The round table “La didattica a distanza nel settore dell’Automatica: Opportunità e limitazioni” will take place as Zoom Webinar in the Virtual Poetto beach. As for the technical-scientific sessions, an Attendee is be able to ask for the floor through the “Chat” channel. Then, upon Chair’s approval, the Attendee will be enabled to use his/her microphone.
The SIDRA Assembly will take place as Zoom Meeting and hosted in the Virtual Piazza Yenne.
During the assembly all participants have the right to activate their own microphone and webcam, share their audio and video as well as multi-media content, and take the floor by participating in the ongoing discussion.
EVENTS ON VIRTUAL SQUARES
The virtual squares host the AUTOMATICA.IT 2020 social events such as the “SIDRA Assembly” and the “virtual coffee breaks” between sessions. The events in the virtual squares will take place as Zoom Meeting. Therein, participants have the right to activate their own microphone and webcam, share their audio and video as well as multi-media content, and take the floor by participating in the ongoing discussion. The hyper-links to access each square are provided below. The virtual squares will be not moderated.